The Hard Charger®
AR-15 Side Charging Handle System
- Breakdown a safe and empty rifle as normal and remove the original charging handle.
- Mount the HC Receiver to the rifle in the proper Picatinny slot and secure it down with the supplied wrench.
- Once the HC Receiver is mounted, take the Push Rod and Pull Handle and ensure that they are screwed together, finger tight. You will notice there is a recessed portion of the Push Rod. This part is specific to the installation and field stripping capability of the system.
- Insert the Pull Handle and Push Rod into the HC Receiver, Pull Handle first.
- Then take the HC Charging Handle and insert it into the rifle main body with the tube underneath the recessed portion of the Push Rod that is sticking out of the HC Receiver.
- That cleft/cutout portion of the tube in the HC Charging Handle is designed to go over the recessed portion of the Push Rod & aligns the ears of the HC Charging Handle properly in the Upper Receiver for installation.
- Now assemble as you would normally. (You can also now disassemble as you normally would.)
Mil-spec anodized & Ceramic Coated 7075 Aluminum, Steel & Stainless Steel
5 year manufacturer warranty.
U.S. Patent No. 9,746,263
U.S. Trademark Reg. No. 5,354,510